Financial Analyst – Location: Remote, US
Allseated is the world’s most innovative event technology platform powering hundreds of thousands of events a year. Through a cutting-edge 3D visualization platform including floorplan design tools, venue virtual tours, and revolutionary virtual/hybrid event solution, Allseated is transforming the event industry and leveraging innovation with superior customer service to help clients grow their businesses. It is the pure power of imagining together.
To help fuel our next phase of growth, we are looking for a Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst supports the business decision and strategy initiatives by preparing forecast and profitability analyses, compiling, and analyzing financial or operational data, developing departmental budgets and variance analyses, and assisting in overall controlling activities
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance, analyst past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support. Analyze and complete general ledger account reconciliation
- Work with other company departments to address data needs
- Coordinate information gathering with Finance and Accounting for financial reports, analyses, and presentations to aid in the decision-making process.
- Develop, maintain, document, and improve upon complex financial models for forecasting and budgeting purposes
- Coordinate information gathering with Finance and Accounting team for various financial reports, analyses, and presentations to aid in the decision-making process
- Provide management with recommendations and analyses that support efforts to maximize revenues and profits
- Any and all other duties as assigned by Finance Leadership, and work on other ad-hoc projects
- Assist with various compliance activities required through state laws and federal laws.
- Assist with financial close and reporting activities for month-end, quarter-end, and annual
- Assist with preparation of audited statements through providing workbooks and audit documentation
- Able to take ownership of and drive forward projects independently
- Able to think critically and make problem-solving decisions
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple assignments
- Intermedia knowledge of financial modeling
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (macros, VBA). Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- 2+ professional experience in accounting, finance strategy, consulting, or similar field
- Previous relevant experience SaaS industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance. Intermediate understanding of financial statements, general ledger, trial balance, and use of various accounting data for decision making
- Intermedia knowledge of accounting principles, and US GAAP
- Highly personable with strong team-working skills.
- Attention to detail, data integrity, and accuracy
- Prior experience working with Oracle NetSuite, a plus
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written – and comfortable supporting various company departments
- Ability to work well both independently and in teams. Ability to work with minimal oversight
- Ability to work independently in the office and in a virtual environment
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Highly competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k Match
- Unlimited PTO
- Working as part of a fast-growing Mission-driven company, with a fun and vibrant culture and great people all around the world where the employee impact is evident and recognized. Working in a flexible and free environment, being able to take on more responsibilities, and learning a lot, whilst bringing together an amazing, industry-changing product!