Wedding Spotlight: Romantic Destination Wedding In Sicily Using Allseated
Michelle Jacobs, of Elegante by Michelle J, is a luxury destination wedding planner based in London. She uses Allseated to collaborate effectively throughout the wedding planning journey with her clients. In this wedding spotlight, Michelle shares with us the planning behind a romantic destination wedding in Sicily.
Allseated Destination Wedding Spotlight
A New York-based wedding couple chose Michelle to plan their wedding in Sicily. Michelle specializes in weddings in Italy for English-speaking couples. The planning was conducted across continents and timezones, with the couple in the US, the planner in the UK, and the venue and most of the vendors in Italy.
There are many reasons why Michelle loves to use Allseated throughout the wedding planning process.
Guest List Management
Michelle invited the wedding couple to the Allseated online platform in order to digitalize their guest list. Along with guest names and mailing addresses, the RSVPs and special dietary requirements were detailed within the guest list as well, keeping both the couple and the planner up to date with the status of the guest information
Michelle presented Ash and Leo with various floorplan options for the wedding dinner, which she designed within Allseated. The wedding couple opted for a statement top table surrounded by round tables as shown here.
Once the floorplan had been agreed, and the RSVP’s had all been received, Ash and Leo started to work on their seating plan, within Allseated. The Allseated training videos available to couples make it very easy for them to quickly learn how to use the tools and drop their guests from the guest list onto tables.
Michelle always conducts a brief training of her own, during which she explains to couples that they need to think about the seating plan as a three-stage exercise:
- Group couples together
- Decide where each table is going to be located in the room/event space (which might entail dragging tables around the floorplan)
- And finally, assign the guests on each table to a specific seat
Michelle’s favorite part of Allseated’s software is the reports feature, as it makes her job so much easier when it comes to briefing vendors and preparing for the wedding day.
Here are some of the reports she generates:
- Floorplans to give to the venue, catering team, production crew and florist
- Seating plan with special dietary notes for the caterer
- The alphabetical guest list for the venue for the door staff
- Seating plan with assigned seat information for the venue/caterer – essentially whoever is dealing with place cards/escort cards
- Seating arrangements to give to the caterer and to the stationery supplier (for this particular wedding we created a statement “seating plan” floral installation as shown here)
Ultimately everything ran smoothly on the day of this romantic destination wedding Sicily; all vendors were entirely clear on the floorplan and seating arrangements, thanks to using Allseated. You can see more of this beautiful wedding here.
Photo Credits: Anna & Alex
Of Possible Interest: